One of the many things we’ve learned during the COVID-19 pandemic is that a lot of workplace tasks that we thought needed to take place live and in person, can be done remotely.
For companies with employee training needs, health and safety modules may be one of those tasks. Virtual reality (VR) training has proven over and over again to be a successful tool to replace at least portions of conventional classroom or instructional facility learning. Even after the pandemic restrictions end, indications are that continued development of online health and safety training will remain strong, both as a stand alone training method and as a blended option combined with in-person instruction.
Interactive simulations using VR can be as effective as physically being in the same space together when it comes to learning and practicing procedures. VR also offers a visual method for facilitators to evaluate employee abilities and to observe and test skill levels. However, for many companies and employees, a lack of VR technology and the expense of VR headsets is a barrier to implementing a fully operational virtual health and safety program.
SuperViz solves this problem by giving you simple tools to recreate real-world, immersive learning environments for training small groups without the need of VR headsets. All you need is a 360° photo or 3-D rendering to get started.
SuperViz combines the 360° immersion of VR with the experiential learning of a physical classroom, and it’s easy to use—no expensive VR headset required!
It’s accessible to anyone, anywhere. All files that you set up in your training program on the SuperViz platform are then available to any employee with just the click of an invitation link. Participants can access both your live interactive training sessions as well as embedded files through any web-enabled device: desktops, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, and even VR headsets if you have them available.
When you use SuperViz as your health and safety training platform, you can teleport groups of up to eight learners into fully-immersive virtual spaces built from panoramic photos, 3-D renderings, or Google Street views. Projects can feature multimedia hotspots (audio, video, images, notes, documents, weblinks, and more) to further enrich the educational experience.
SuperViz takes the experiential skill-building of an in-person training experience and combines it with the safety, convenience, and efficiency of remote learning.
- Taking your health and safety training virtual with SuperViz helps prepare employees for a variety of real-life scenarios while keeping them remote and safe.
- Studies have shown that practicing in simulated, real-world learning environments like the immersive experience of SuperViz increases memory retention and skill application.
- The ability to video conference directly within SuperViz allows participants to practice skills while meeting together in the virtual space.
- The feature-rich immersive environment helps overcome engagement and motivation issues that are common in traditional online learning programs.
SuperViz Helps Make Training Programs More Efficient
One compliance challenge for many companies is that as more and more furloughed employees return to regular work schedules, there’s a need to find increasingly efficient ways to get everyone quickly up to date on training. Pandemic requirements like physical distancing, allowing only small groups of people in training facilities, eliminating contact, and frequent disinfecting of any shared equipment, are likely to continue well into the future. Because all of this impacts how safety skills are taught and practiced, adapting as much as possible to an online format is vital to expedite learning, skills practice, and evaluation.
Helpful virtual training features in SuperViz include:
- Real-Time Video Conferencing: Teach, answer questions, and direct trainees to practice, the same way you would if you were all in the same space.
- Laser Pointers and Drawing Tools: Avoid confusion during training by being able to point out specifics as you work through lessons together.
- Clickable Hotspots: Embed as much supplementary information and didactic multimedia as you need to address different learning styles, literacy challenges, and language translation needs
If you’ve thought about converting your health and safety program to virtual training, but the expense and complexity of VR made you hesitant, SuperViz’s platform is a simple straightforward option. Visit www.superviz.com to get started now!